Walking in the World as a Friend
“What does a Quaker do that makes one a Quaker?” This book offers suggestions discussed at the Quaker Religious Education Committee 2019 (see description below).
Three Key Quaker Roles:
- Minister: nurturing our inward lives
- Steward: shaping our outward lives
- Witness: expressing faith and practice in our public lives, with five accompanying videos
Experiences and the Experiment of the Spirit:
- Convincement and Conviction: Quakers experience the Living Spirit that speaks to our human condition in every person, every moment, everywhere.
- Experiment with Spirit in Daily Life through human faculties of love, conscience and discernment
Religious Society of Friends: Essential Quaker Structures. The Spirit transforms individuals, tested in their community that are tested with other communities, that reveals societal guidance to shape the lives of individuals. This creates a regenerative ecology of practice.
Quaker Religious Education Collaborative comments:
- This book and video series "encourages Friends to move beyond a cognitive faith into an experiential, everyday, in-every-way kind of Quaker faith—walking in this world as a Friend." ~ Beth Collea
- "Amazing work capturing the true essence of Quakerism in words that speak across various experiences- radical, unsettling, real. I like the insistence that talking about it is not the same as experiencing it." ~ Marty Grundy
- "This is profound, brilliant work." ~ Sita Diehl
Author: Nadine C Hoover
Length: 72 pages
Dimensions: H: 9" x W: 6”
Publisher: Conscience Studio Published
Date: September 1, 2020